Monday, March 17, 2014

Catching Up After The Sick

We all got knocked out with a cold that took up two weeks to get over. Pretty sure that one of my children brought it home from a place filled with other little walking, talking, coughing, sneezing germ factories. The joys of having children. We have not been able to stay well for loonger than 6 weeks since Liam started school.

During the sick we fell behind on housework, school was missed, snot was left all over the house in little slime trails thanks to the baby wiping her nose on EVERYTHING. It has taken me days to wipe everything off, clean up and catch up on the housework.

I also put knitting aside while we were sick, so I didn't get much done. I DID manage to finish a pair of socks for each of the kiddos and a couple of Hexipuffs.








These little puffs are my current project that I can pick up any time I have even 5 minutes to knit. I love how fast they are, and the feeling of finishing something off so quickly. I am getting to the point where I want to start doing some color work in them, once I can afford to buy more yarn to do so with.

Our local children's resale event is happening soon as well, Super Kids. I am consigning for the second time, and I need to print my tags and attach them. I have a pile of clothes to sell. I like that I can sell them to get the money to buy the kids the clothes they will need for the next 6 months. I usually spend about 100-150 dollars and get enough stuff to last for half a year. My need to buy extra anything is very small. Thankfully, Evie is slowing down on the outgrowing everything in a week phase, so I can plan ahead for her without much thought. Summer is coming and I am looking forward to sun dresses and play clothes that can get muddy that won't send me into a panic attack at the thought of getting stains out.

My husband also had the idea of getting one of those solar camping showers for days we play outside all day. I can just rinse off the kids in the yard so we are not tracking messy piles of "More Work for Mommy" upstairs on our way to the bath.

I honestly can not wait for some warmth. I am a bit weary of being cold. Every summer I tell myself that I will not complain about winter, since I am tired of being too hot. And every winter I tell myself I will not complain about summer because I am tired of being too cold. But I complain anyways.

A friend moved away, a friend we made at Liam's school but some potential new friends moved in down the street with two girls who are the EXACT same age as my children. Their birthdays are in the same months, within two weeks of each other.

I am excited for the incoming Spring. For the photos I get to take, for the afternoon sunshine, for BBQ's in the yard and trips to the Farmer's Market, for kiddie pools and sprinklers.. can you tell I am kinda over winter?






No comments:

Post a Comment